You ask me, "Where is Germany is Konstanz?" I show you this.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Schönes Fest

            I love where I live. Sometimes when I walk around, I cannot help but observe everything around me and narrate it in my head, as though I am writing. Today was one of those times. Everything I passed, everything I saw, became part of my inner journal.
            A cute little blue bird, perhaps 2.5-3 inches in size with a yellow belly (that description was for you, Uncle Larry and Aunt Sue), followed me brand by branch twittering delightedly for an entire block. I know the little fellow was excited because the last three days have been cloudy and rainy, but today, the day was awoken by a brilliantly bright sun.
            I strolled to the Altstadt, which is only about a 10-12 minute walk from my apartment, bought myself an ice cream cone, and parked myself on a sunny bench to people-watch. In not too long I began to realize I was in turn being watched … by two pigeons. They stood staring at me, their attention rapt. After a few more minutes, I decided to take a photo of my little buddies whom no doubt wanted my ice cream cone when a funny little old lady trotted up and threw some bread crumbs their way. “Schoenes Fest!” she happily wished them. The mood of the day is just upbeat. The sun has returned. J



            Anyhow, I took my camera along because I figured it was about time to show everyone more of the town in which I am residing. In Konstanz kann man sich nicht verirren, wenn man hier seit zwei oder mehr Tage ist. In other words, Konstanz is beautiful, but small. If one is here for two or more days, it is nearly impossible to get lost. Though little, it still packs a big punch. There is always tons to do, and in the Spring and Summer, even more (I have heard).

This is by the Bahnhof, LAGO, and the Altstadt.

Right by the Rhein 

The old man's best friend. 

Europahaus. This is where I live. It's a big ugly, but it was built in the 1960's or 70's, so what do you expect?

Looking towards the other side of town. 

An entrance into the Altstadt. The Altstadt include many stone pathed roads for walking, it is strewn with shops, and filled with many cute, secret alleys and gardens.

4 comments:

  1. Ellen,
    Ich liebe, dass die alte Frau den Vogeln etwas zu essen gab! Toll. Zuss. :-)
    Das Foto, dass du von dem Boot gemacht hast, ist sehr sehr sehr gut!!!! Es gehoert in "National Geographic Magazine" oder irgendwo.
    Ich liebe und vermisse dich!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellie,

    LovVe all the picture you are posting! It is so fun to see and read what you are up to. I didn't know you had a blog. Glad I know now.

    LovVe + miss you!

    <3 Katie Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I were visiting... turns out it's good that I didn't get a ticket, but still.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danke, Amanda!

    I wish you were too, Anniepie!

    ReplyDelete