You ask me, "Where is Germany is Konstanz?" I show you this.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Krazy Konstanz

Today was the first orientation day. Anddd it just happened to be Fastnacht, aka the craziest day of Karneval. This translates to the entire city, kids to the elderly, dressing up in crazy costumes and partying all over the city from around 7AM to late into the night.
            We arrived at Uni and there was a party going on in the cafeteria. Below is a picture of it.



I got my face painted like a tiger/lion in order to be in costume too!

            After we went through paper work, placement tests, etc and so on, we ventured into the city to witness the going ons. It was crazy and insane! I was given funny necklaces, a sunflower seedling to grow in my room, and chocolates by random people in costumes. It was an interesting and eventful day.

Here is a photo of the group with a few clowns on Fastnacht (imagine these guys as the whole city dressed up just as much and that was the day)

            A few other Americans and myself did manage to jump a bus that we didn’t know alternated routes and ride for two hours to the country and back. But hey, it was pretty at least!

I’m also including a couple more pictures.
Here is a picture of the some of the coolest trees (a friend teases me everytime we see these trees because I made such a big deal out of them. I've deemed them, "Knobby trees." That's what they are afterall.) that I’ve ever seen.

Here is a picture of Konstanz we took from a university courtyard.

1 comment:

  1. Ellen,
    Love all the pictures! And those "knobby trees" ARE pretty cool!
    Love,
    Amanda Sue*

    ReplyDelete