You ask me, "Where is Germany is Konstanz?" I show you this.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

What signified my European escape coming to a close ...



was the 2 weeks, or final trip I had planned, in France.
            If I tried to document every part of this trip, it was be entirely too long and you would have grow horribly bored, so I have chosen a selection of the pictures I took and they must suffice.
And the trip began with a nice train ride from Konstanz to Paris ...

At the festival Les Vieilles Charrues, it rained, a common occurence in Bretange, France. We still has a blast though.

We saw Cold Wars Kids, Kaiser Chiefs, Jack Johnson, Bell Rays, David Guetta, etc and so on.

Aayla's peguin enjoyed the show.

At David Guetta ...


Remy's pal Sasha's place in Bretange

After Sasha's we went to stay at Remy's family's. This is a fraction of one of my family rooms there.

Remy and I spent a day touring the coast of Bretange.





At his cousin's place outside of Bordeaux

At his Aunt and Step Uncles' also outside of Bordeaux in wine country.

They took us to see a castle that used to be on the coast of a sea. Underneath it are caves full of fossilized oyster wreaths.

Next we went to stay with his friend Tristan in Marseille. We half drove half hiked to a beach. This is a view of the city from the hike.

Facing the other way towards the sea.

Down at the sea. :)

Can anyone identify this flower?

We went to another part of the sea to eat dinner ...

... and stayed late to watch ferries pass underneath the sunset.



The next day we went to an island nature reserve with wild bulls and tons of wild white horses.


I failed to get a good picture of them, but I saw my first flamingos.

And we took a nap on the beach there as well.



Downtown Marseille in the harbor area.

The section of the city that was a big pool for refugees and immigrants.

Now back in Konstanz, I made stuffed zucchinis for Remy, his brother, and myself.



2 comments:

  1. Awesome pics, Ellen!
    When do you see the Gallos?
    Why isn't that castle on the coast anymore. Did the water recede?
    Love,
    Amanda Sue*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amanda!

    Time ending up not working out with the Gallos, but I will see them next time I am in Germany, when I come back for research.

    Yeah, the water receded by miles and miles just after the glaciers melted, I believe.

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete