You ask me, "Where is Germany is Konstanz?" I show you this.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Flohmarkt and Weihnachten

Today and last night, as I strolled past the endless stands littering the streets of Konstanz's annual Flohmarkt (fleemarket), I found many interesting, classically German trinkets. After purchasing a few key gifts and one thing for myself, I came home and decided it was about time to figure out what I could and couldn't (or shouldn't) bring home. I got a bit side-tracked by setting out all the gifts I have purchased for people since arriving to Europe ... and boy, have I gotten many! I just discovered a big weakness of mine, I like buying thing for people, and in my head, if what I'm buying isn't for me, then it doesn't count as spending money: suffice to say that I have bought enough presents to get me through a couple birthdays and Christmas. By telling myself many were Christmas gifts, I didn't feel quite as bad. I don't know how I will wait until Christmas to give them, though! Anyway, the point is this: people who are close to me ... get excited! ... if I can get it all home to the States =O

Link about the Flohmarkt in Konstanz: http://www.konstanz.de/smk/01206/01211/01222/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment