You ask me, "Where is Germany is Konstanz?" I show you this.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Strangers or Friends

It´s interesting, isn´t it, relations between people. Today, after deciding that I needed a break from touristy sight-seeing and travelling in a large group, I settled down with my book in the cozy cafe section of a restaurant. Shortly upon sitting down, two ladies, perhaps a mother and daughter, sat down at the table and comfy chairs neighboring me. They asked me, in Spanish (which I hardly know a lick of), if they could use the seat opposite me to put their coats and purchases on. Of course, since I wasn´t using it, I obliged and answered (with one of the few Spanish phrases I know) ¨Di nada¨when they said ¨Gracias.¨ After that we somehow managed to communicate every now and then that afternoon. Like when I went to the bathroom and left my things there for them to watch, except my purse which I took with me. By the time I left the cafe a few hours later, we had communicated enough that we both smiled and warranted each other a friendly good bye. How funny, that people do not always need language and words to befriend one and other.

No comments:

Post a Comment